Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Henry's Basketball Skills

Thursday was Henry's last day of basketball. He loved every minute of it except for the one day he threw a big fit about going (but was fine once we got there, go figure).
And a big shout-out to his coach, Brother Collett. He wore orange every game so he matched his team and always did all the warm-ups with them.

He was so patient with 10 first-grade boys.

This is his wife Amberly, in the back with some of their 5 kids. Sometimes she would fill in for Bro. Collett and she did a great job too even though I don't think sports are really her thing. I am grateful for people who volunteer their time to wrangle and teach my kids.
Henry said his favorite things about basketball was running the 2 laps around the gym at the beginning and stealing the ball.
He loved bringing the ball down the court (I don't know what that position is called. John Stockton's job). I don't think I ever saw him shoot it during their practice games. He loved getting in players' faces and stealing it though.
 He's having fun. He would get so pumped, almost hyper, every time.
  He made it! This was during drills.

Here's his awesome pass.
It was only an hour long each time but I had a really hard time paying attention. My mind just cannot follow sports. I wish they would have spent more time practicing drills, especially dribbling. They let them play a game for too long the last few sessions. But Henry loved it. He's definitely a scrappy player. 

No comments: