"Is General Conference when we eat cinnamon rolls?" The tradition must go on. Saturday morning Erica and Henry scoped out the ones they wanted as they rose.
I used a new recipe that called for mashed potatoes. They certainly weren't going to win any beauty contests.They looked better once they were baked and even better slathered with frosting. I have mixed feelings about them. The super soft dough was difficult to work with. They tasted great warm out of the oven and even later that day but by Sunday they were pretty dry and by Monday they were no longer good. I think if I made them again I'd either freeze half of them or just make sure they all get eaten the same day.
Between sessions of conference we went to my mom's house for the egg hunt with all the grandkids.
James should have been over there but he was pretty tired and ornery. (It was past his nap time.)
Like "why am I not in my bed with my blankie" tired.
Nothing a little chocolate on the ground can't distract him from.
I wish I could have been in 4 different places as my kids went 4 different directions in a very big yard!
Jared is getting womped by an egg he shook from a tree.
Justin asked the big boys if they found the 10 eggs hidden in the wood pile. (There were no eggs hidden in the wood pile.)
Then we went home so James could nap up for the afternoon egg hunt at Justin's parents' house. It was also Braden's birthday.
Here are a lot of pictures of my kids because they never all look cutest at the same time so just look at who I say and head swap them in your mind.
Erica.
Erica.
Erica.
Henry and James.
Henry.
Everyone but Erica.
Henry and Sarah.
James.
James and Erica.
Uhhhh. No one. No one is looking at the camera.
Points for creativity.
Henry.
By this second round, James was all over picking up plastic eggs and cracking them open. We let him have a head start.
Meanwhile Braden was keeping the other kids
Later Sarah showed James how to spin the wheelbarrow wheel. Big sisters are the best.
Happy Easter from Erica!
Alrighty, spring break. We didn't do much because the whole state is on spring break and the whole state is crazy busy crowded. We plan on going to St George in a couple of weeks so we just stayed around home and Sarah watched a bunch of the Cosby Show (because he's in court again so it reminded me how much I love that show).
"This show is so funny."
Oh Cliff Huxtable.
Tuesday we met friends at Chick-fil-A which is as good as Disneyland for my kids.
Wednesday we went to the dentist. (Yes, I am that mom that takes her kids to the dentist during spring break.) No cavities for anyone so that means to Ream's for doughnuts. (I may be the last person that spells it doughnuts, not donuts.) I haven't been to Ream's in a very long time. They have these little carts which made nuisances out of my kids.
Wednesday night the kids slept over at Justin's parents which meant date night for Justin and I. We went to Siro's in Salem. We had a bogo coupon so it was $10 for the both of us. I liked it but I don't know if I'd go back without a coupon. Thursday I went grocery shopping with just James and that was refreshing. Friday we hung out at my parent's house for awhile and made chocolate chip cookies. Saturday we went to Home Depot with the rest of the world.James brought up all the Lego wheels he could carry up from the basement. I wish I got a picture of his hands piled high with these wheels. How he crawled up the stairs with his hands cupped together is beyond me.
And Erica is cute too.
Henry wanted to make is own sandwich for lunch one day for school. When he couldn't find any chocolate syrup, his backup idea was pepperoni. I present the world's first pepperoni and peanut butter sandwich. "Henry, this smells disgusting." "What? You got a try new food 'cause it might taste good." Dang you Daniel Tiger.
I really think he wanted to have something to gross out everyone else at his lunch table. He said he ate it all and wanted another one the next day but we were all out of pepperoni.






























1 comment:
We went to the dentist during Spring Break as well! Ha!
Also, Henry should read/listen to the following book (it reminded me of his sandwich): http://www.storylineonline.net/books/carlas-sandwich/
(It's called Carla's Sandwich if the link doesn't work.)
Post a Comment