Christmas Eve morning we took the kids to the rec center to go swimming because what says Christmas like an indoor pool? It was busier than I would have expected and they weren't running the waterslides. But I had a coupon and James was free so it was still a win.
Enjoy this play by play of Christmas Eve fun between Jaana and I. I think this may be our new Christmas Eve tradition. It will save me time retelling all of our day anyway. And Jaana is funny











Back up a little to the nativity play. I've passed the baton to Sarah and Allison. It's now their job to rope the kids into participating.
Then the little kids exchanged presents with the names they drew and then the adults traded white elephant gifts.
The black unicorn lives! We got this at a party a couple of years ago, gifted it into my family's white elephant party a+and now it pops up in the most unexpected boxes to my delight.
Kyle got my gift. I got this framed school picture circa 1985 at the DI for 75 cents. I'm thinking of posting the picture on facebook to find where he is now and who would've given it away.
I scored a back scratcher and Justin got a Modern Family quote book.
And because the kids can't get enough of tearing open wrapping paper, the fishing pole game.
My mom always has enough presents for each kid to get like 3 things. It's fun and crazy.Then we ate flan and made cruise plans and then at 8 we cleaned up, rounded up the kids and headed home while watching for Santa in the night sky.
Santa came!
Henry was super excited about his Minecraft cart.
Sarah got a Tesla which is fitting because she loves my brother's Tesla.
I took mostly videos during present opening and I don't want to upload them because it takes forever so here are a few photos.
Justin really likes basketball socks.
And the binoculars Henry made him.
Favorite gifts (I'll speak for everyone)
Justin: straight edge steak knives and rifle scope
Diana: walking foot for my sewing machine and tablet
Sarah: duffle bag and sledding tube
Henry: Football poster and Knex
Erica: pink penguin Squishmallow and Monopoly Jr
James: motorized James the train and Dash
My parents came over for their annual dose of "Look what I got" and then Justin made us ebelskivers because Denmark baby
Even though my mom is more Danish (1/4) than my dad, it's my dad that grew up eating ebelskivers.
That afternoon we went to Justin's parents' house for presents, games, and dinner. Erica got this new dress and stuffed bear and couldn't be happier.
I'm not sure who left the 80s kid at my parents' house and I don't know whether to offended that they didn't take it home or honored that it has been placed in such a prominent place.
Wednesday we stayed home and played with all our stuff because that's fun. Thursday we spent the morning at my mom's doing a puzzle and eating her chocolates. That night we took the kiddos to Texas Roadhouse because we had giftcards from last Christmas. Friday I took down all the decorations because the only thing I like more than decorating for Christmas is undecorating for Christmas. That nigh we had pizza and games at the Dyes. Saturday Justin went shooting and I went out for a late-night smoothie with my dear friend AmyJo and we talked about hunting--of all things.
Next up: Justin turns 35!























2 comments:
We planned to take the glorious school photo home and hang it up on our wall of photos, but that would mean putting another nail in the wall, so this was the next best idea. The boys were going to see how long it took mom to notice it up there, but one of the little kids pointed it out to her right away and spoiled the fun.
I love your Christmas Eve text exchange. I wrap presents badly too, but sadly not on purpose.
Post a Comment