He loves to say the prayer and volunteers every time. If he's not chosen, he'll say it anyway, talking over who is saying the prayer, kind of repeating what they say.
He went through this phase of trying to speak along with people, matching exactly what they said. It started by watching the older kids say jinx when they said anything in unison. James would try to do it on purpose and if he could pull it off, he'd proudly say "Jinx!" Then for a couple of weeks he would try to match everything everyone said including books read to him. It made me laugh every time and convinced me he's a genius.
When he's done unloading the silverware from the dishwasher the drawer looks like this and it makes me so happy.
I find his cars in my underwear drawer, under my pillow, in my makeup tray, next to my crockpot, inside my purse, alongside my books and I love seeing them as reminders that I have a little boy in my house
He's doing this thing of saying "No" and then after he realizes he does want it says, "Actually yeah". This goes on multiple times a day from having an apple with lunch to letting me read to him. "No!" (Wait for it.) "Actually, yeah." It became our quote on the board for a few weeks.
He walks down the stairs like this every time.
He counts to 10 and can actually count things to about 4 or 5.
He knows all the colors.
He is taller than Henry at this age---6 months ahead, in fact.
Favorite book is 10 Little Ladybugs and it's hidden under his nightstand because I need a break.
He's obsessed with Tiny Trucks on Amazon. He's also obsessed with these Spiderman pajamas. These 3 pictures were taken 3 different days at 3 different times.
I know when he wakes up in the morning because he instantly starts talking to himself but I know not to go get him until he says "Open the door!" Anytime before that and he refuses to be picked up.
Once I do open the door, he greets me with a new random bit of information:
"We went to the movie feater and watched Spiderman!"
"We're not going to Chick-fil-a today."
"I awake. You awake?"
"I ate peaches at grandma's"
He loves to brush his teeth and says "pootaste" for toothpaste
Action songs---all action songs all the time.
These pictures are from November but I can't remember if I posted them and I love them so.
He doesn't need his blankie to go to nursery anymore but it was a good way to lead him in the right direction.
Is it weird that I like James at 2 way more than at any other age? He's so funny and smart and way less whiny and clingy than he was for the first 2 years of his life. From the moment he was born he acted like he had things to say and places to go and things to do and now that he can, he's content and rather pleasant.


No comments:
Post a Comment