Saturday, November 5, 2022

Halloween 2022

We carved our pumpkins Sunday afternoon. Erica was a champ and cleaned out her whole pumpkin by herself.
James, on the other hand, drew the face and that's about it.
Henry hogged the little carving knife.
Justin came out to save the pumpkin seeds.
Here's James's drawing.

And with him coaching me, here's how the carving turned out. "I didn't even get my hands dirty," he said proudly.

Henry carved his all by himself. He kept carving scars into the sides until I told him to stop.

Erica took the longest to finish because she was busy helping Justin and James.
Sarah joined us when she got home from choir practice. She wanted to use the drill so she finished up quickly.

Henry's and Sarah's

James's and Erica's


After dinner at Corey and Nadine's my kids sang little Rocky to sleep.

It worked! It's so fun having another baby in the family.

Monday morning the kids got their costumes on and went to school. James went as Calvin and Hobbes. The plan was to later swap Hobbes for a blue blanket and be Linus for trick or treating.


I didn't go to the Halloween parade because I don't need to fight the parking and the crowds to see my kids in their costumes. But my sister who works at the school sent me these pictures and I'm so glad she did.
For lunch I made our traditional ghost sandwich for James.

And then he played with the toys and treats he got from the class party. The entire time at school was a party. He told me the Bugles in his bag were witches' fingernails. I asked, "What are the marshmallows? Ghost poop?" He did not think I was funny.
"No one even knew who I was," he lamented about his costume. So he changed into all-black and asked me to tie his shirt into a ninja mask. So basically what he wears about once a week. Are we going trick or treating or to the grocery store?

Henry and Sarah were going with their friends so I got a group picture before we left. Henry is a candy bandit and Erica is a gumball machine.
First stop, Nana and Papa's
From there we dropped Sarah and Henry off at their friends' houses which coincidentally were across the street from each other. "Cute!" I teased them. "Be sure to say hi to each other while you're trick-or-treating!"

And then we went to my sister's house for trick or treating with cousins. It was a smaller group this year since kids are growing up and all that nonsense.



They ran and knocked and got tons of candy until they were too tired to go any farther. Then that night James threw up twice and missed the next two days of school. Good times. 

No comments: