We had to spread out the festivities for Sarah this year. I'm usually all about doing all the things on their actual birthdays so that it feels big and special. But Sarah had a school dance the evening of her birthday and the student council had to be there early and stay late so that ate up the whole evening of her birthday. So we had to celebrate a little the day before, a little the day of, and a little the day after.
Wednesday evening we had her birthday dinner and cake. We really had to squeeze this in between Erica's piano lesson ending at 5:45 and Sarah going to YW at 7. She chose French dip sandwiches.
After dinner all her grandparents came and Dallin and we had birthday lemon cheesecake and opened presents.


Thursday morning was her actual birthday. We got up early so she could open her presents and have waffles for breakfast.
She got mostly clothes. I took her shopping a couple of weeks ago and she picked out 2 pairs of jeans, 2 tops and a dress. I also gave her a sweater I bought online. She also got a shelf for her room and lots of her favorite treats.
I took her Chick-fil-a for lunch. I forgot to ask what exactly she wanted but I guessed right with a chicken sandwich, fries, and Dr. Pepper.
While she was at school I finished the poodle and ribbon on her skirt. Then that afternoon she watched Studio C and hung around until it was time to set up for the dance at 5.
Then that evening at 7 we went to Erica's dance performance. This was a weeklong clinic put on by the high school dance team. It's all Halloween music so it's fun to get into the Halloween spirit.
Erica and Delaney do everything together.
Friday Justin was hunting all day so we had leftovers for dinner and then got ready for Sarah's friend party. We had the idea of a cookie bar. We made some cookie dough and had bowls of different chips and marshmallows and oreos. You take a dough ball and stuff and top it with whatever you want. The kiddos and I did a pan for ourselves, you know, for testing.
Looks yummy!
Then the littles and I took our pan up to my room where I set up an extra TV.
They watched Megamind while I read in my chair. We let Sarah and her giggly friends have the run of the kitchen and the rest of the house while we hid out upstairs. Henry bounced between my room and pestering the girls. I didn't get any pictures of Sarah and her friends but Sam, Rylie, and Maria came over.
I don't have Sarah' 14-year-old pictures yet. She wants to wait until she gets her braces off in November.
Here are a few things about Sarah at 14
1. She loves to do hair. She watches hair tutorials online and is always trying out new stuff with her hair. She gets lots of compliments.
2. She wears her glasses all the time. The pair before this one she rarely wore. But she still wants to get contacts in the spring when she's up for an exam.
3. She's a pain to get to stop reading and go to sleep. And she's a pain to wake up in the morning.
4. She wants to go into Human Resources because she likes people and solving people's problems for them.
5. She's still doing the violin and piano. I think she likes the violin (1 year) more but she's better at piano (5 years).
6. Even though we've moved and she is in junior high, her best friends are still the ones she's had since elementary school.
7. She talks about lots of kids at school and always says, "my friend Erin" or "my friend (insert anyone's name)" She really is friends with everyone.
8. She's serving as class president of her young women's class and loves it. She's one of those people that thrives on responsibility.
9. I saw her get a little stressed a few weeks ago with all her obligations (student council, church calling, homework, piano & violin). I offered to do just one errand for her without her (I think it was pick out the fabric for her sewing class project) and then she was fine.
10. She's been hunting a lot this fall with Justin. She's often the only kid and female at camp and it doesn't bother her at all.




.jpg)
.jpg)















1 comment:
Awww, happy birthday Sarah! She looks so pretty. One more year and then on to driving lessons!
Post a Comment