Sarah turned 15 on Friday even though she didn't bother to ask me if she could. I see how these teen years are going.
We woke up in the dark so she could open presents and eat breakfast before school. She got some clothes that she picked out, some treats that she asked for and a cinnamon roll pillow as a surprise.
She chose biscuit cinnamon rolls for breakfast and chocolate milk and then Justin took her to school.
After school I took her to the DMV to take the driving test for her learner's permit. She passed! That makes for a great birthday but imagine if she had failed!
Then we went out to dinner with my parents and Justin's dad (Nadine is on vacation with her sisters). She got money from my parents and earbuds from Justin's parents. Now she can stop borrowing mine!
Her friend Lily joined us for the cake and presents portion of the evening as well. Then they watched Enola Holmes 2 together and were all giggly.

She doesn't like frosting that much. I think Henry is my only kid who likes frosting like I do. She doesn't like chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream either. She loves Oreos, brownies, Rollos, and Milky Way so don't believe her when she says she doesn't like chocolate. She does like chocolate. Just not chocolate cake and ice cream.
Shhhh but school is starting to challenge her. She's still a straight A student but she's starting to actually study for stuff.
It's really hard to find a song on the radio she doesn't sing along to. Sometimes, without her knowing, I switch songs just to challenge her.
She does not like to play many games. Only Hand and Foot and Ticket to Ride sometimes. We're teaching her cribbage and she likes it. She loves puzzles.
She loves movies. She has a few friends that love watching movies together and they are open to suggestions from their moms which makes it pretty fun. She watched Return to Me which is my favorite and I'm hoping they get into Alfred Hitchcock soon.














No comments:
Post a Comment