Wednesday, October 18, 2023

The weird, the cool, and the pretty

Conference weekend was a treat. Conference bingo held their attention for 1.89 sessions of conference.
Just in case you were wondering how gorgeous fall can be, here's a picture of our mountain.
One day while driving home from the store I thought my car got shot. It wasn't a bullet but a rock but my pulse didn't know the difference and I was shaking the rest of the way home. But how weird that it looks like a pumpkin.
October means one thing: Orchestra concerts. Sarah's was Tuesday evening. She's wearing the cute poodle skirt. She had a speaking part which she did not warn me about so I didn't get a video and barely snapped this photo.
Her teacher has them play their last song one more time and let's parents get a close up shot of them playing. 

Justin's step grandpa died. He was 89 and had cancer. He served in the military so he got all the cool military honors at his burial.
It was moving and beautiful and it started to rain just as we were mingling around. We joked it was Roy's way of keeping us on schedule. 
I talked James into wearing his raincoat on a rainy day. The discussions I have with this kid! I convinced him by saying if he had his rain jacket on he'd be invincible to the rain like some sort of superhero. It worked and he also had double hoods that day.
Look at this weird reverse fried egg.
So I should pretty much keep my DSLR camera in my car the entire month of October because my cell phone does not do the fall colors justice.


Or the sunsets! This was on the way to Henry's orchestra concert and I'm seriously wondering how I didn't crash into a ditch because I was pretty distracted.
We were all watching for angels or Simba or something.
Henry's concerts are always a good time. His orchestra teacher is pretty hilarious and keeps things short and entertaining. This was the first concert I could see Henry playing the entire time.
He nods his head to the beat and gets so into it. 
I found this frame at the thrift store for $6. It was a good quality frame but the color and print were lame.
So I spray painted it black and put a new picture inside. Not bad for $6.
Just another pretty mountain photo.
Eclipse day! This was a Saturday morning so all the kids were home from school. Sarah had a pair of eclipse glasses so we took turns watching the eclipse.


James didn't remember the 2019 eclipse (or was it 2018) so he was extra interested in what all the fuss was about.
My favorite part were the shadows.

Last mountain photo, I promise.
Now I better got get packing for our trip to Moab. We are going to see two national parks and one state park in this visit. I hope I bought enough snacks.

No comments: