Sunday morning we frosted the sugar cookies. I only made half the recipe this year because the kids get tired of frosting them and I end up eating most of them (love them but I don't need that many).
We only had sacrament meeting this day and it was mostly music which means I mostly cried. Afterwards we got ready to go to my mom's to see some family. I got to see my sister and her three kids and it was basically the best part of my day. These boys and I go waaaaay back. Jack lives in Minnesota now but I see him just as often as Josh who lives a half hour away. And Bella is a cute but busy college student.

My mom did the fishing pole game early so that my kids could have their turns before we left. Always a hit. Nothing says Christmas at Grandma's like fishing for presents.
After that we went to Justin's parents for dinner and festive fun. We ate ham and funeral potatoes, salad and jellos. Then the first ever Dye family nativity play.
Then during the talent portion of our night Sarah and Henry played a few Christmas songs. They did surprisingly well for only practicing together a few times.
Then we played Christmas pictionary/charades (you declare whether you will act it out or draw before you look at your card) and then we went home.
Erica left this note for Santa.
We put the kids to bed then Justin and I stayed up doing a puzzle while listening for any sneaky kids. When no one was stirring, we went to bed.
Santa came!
And to all a good night!
















No comments:
Post a Comment