Tuesday, September 9, 2025

September thus far

I tried a new frosting recipe. It is basically just a buttercream frosting with egg yolks added. It was delicious. If you can get past eating raw egg yolks, you should try it. (I was raised on raw batters so it doesn't phase me.)

One of the nice things about having 4 kids at 4 schools is that they come home one at a time. I get to visit with one for a bit before the next comes home. Sometimes Henry and Sarah even spend time together before the little ones get home and it gets noisy. Here Sarah is helping Henry with an assignment. I like when they get along. 

My nephew Jared had his mission farewell. We are so sad to see him go but he will do great things in Cote d'Ivoire. The mission told us to not even bother sending mail or packages because they don't really have addresses there. How is that possible? Thank goodness for email and cellphones.

This is my great-nephew and I love him so much. He is the cutest little guy. He looks so much like my younger brother and everyone says so upon meeting him.

4-generation photo.

For Labor Day we went boating with our neighbors to Jordanelle Reservoir. Bro C. serves in the bishopric with Justin and Sis C and I did activity days together for a long time. The air was a little chilly and the water was colder than my liking but it was nice to get out with them and their daughter that is Henry's age. 

Henry and Justin swam for the shore.

Swimming in a small bay.
Erica was really cold, actually.
I was so sore and tired the next day. I'm afraid my extreme tubing days are over.

Football season is in full swing. At James's Monday game his friend Jay got hurt and had to sit out for like half of the game. This is James walking him across the field for his gameday snack of goldfish crackers. True friends right there.

Saturdays we have been attending Henry's games. This year's schedule is much better -- only one game faraway in Salt Lake County. The rest of his games have been in neighboring towns instead of the farthest corners of our county. 9th grade team is still with the same league as last year but they model their training and practice schedule after the high school's. It's been a bit more intense but Henry has had a great attitude.

Peach days! My trees seem to come on later than anyone else I know. They are worth the wait. I didn't count but I bet we had 400 peaches on our two trees. Probably more. I gave lots away, froze 10 gallon bags worth of slices, made desserts

And jam. Peach jam, strawberry-peach jam, and strawberry jam. Just about every surface of my kitchen is sticky.

I still have more to give away. I'm taking a tub full to a Relief Society activity tonight to share the wealth. It's a fun week but a little overwhelming amount of fruit!

No comments: