Monday, October 13, 2025

Church, football, football, church, scavenging, football

We had our primary program the last Sunday in September. Believe me when I say this ward gets super excited about the primary kids. I think it's because we don't have a big primary and our ward is mostly grandparents so the kids here get a lot of love. The sacrament meeting programs were designed by the kids and there were a lot of versions. I got one with Erica's drawing but not James's. After sacrament meeting I made him go through a stack of extras at the door until we found one with his drawing too.

Erica's first vision on the left. James's Jesus surrounded by children on the right.
Yes, that says "Brigham Young had a beard" 

October 3rd Justin and Erica went to the BYU game. Justin's aunt has season tickets and gifts him a game per year. It was Erica's turn to go. I was a little worried since the game started at her bedtime that she would be tired and bored.
I was wrong. She was all about it! They stayed the entire game!
They even got to see Henry and some of the youth and youth leaders in our ward running a concession stand. (BYU does this as a fundraiser for wards. It's hard work but the kids have fun and make a good amount in one night to pay for their camps.) 

Saturday after the morning session of general conference we went to Henry's last season game. It was pouring but Henry says he doesn't mind playing in the rain.


This is a large 9th grade team plus the 9th grade cheerleaders.
They found out officially the next day that they made the playoffs!


Back at home, conference was in full-swing. Cinnamon rolls, of course.
Speaker snacks, coloring pages, arts and crafts. I did non-food items for like 6 speakers this year. Henry was disappointed but I like us all eating less junk food. 
Conference was amazing, like always. My new calling is relief society instructor so I was listening to talks a little differently, like, how would I teach this? 

Sunday afternoon Justin and I drove up Hobble Creek canyon to check out the fall foliage. There are few things more pretty than fall colors topped with snow capped mountains.
We had a pretty slow week of football practice and whatnot. Then Friday night Justin and I joined our friends for a crazy big scavenger hunt all over Springville/Spanish Fork area. This is like the 7th year their sister puts it on for family and friends. We met in a parking lot, opened up the google form, they gave us the first clue and we were off. Once you find the next answer, we entered that in then got the next clue. I think there were like 8 locations we had to go to. Each of the place names had a puzzle in the google form to figure out first. Then at the locations we had to do something and either text picture evidence that we did it or the person running the stop cleared us and gave us the next code word. Then we got the next puzzle for the next location and we drove off.
One clue took us to the new Star Wars themed saber immersive experience place. We had to duel with gusto and intensity for 5 minutes before the owner gave us the code. Another stop was to a movie theater. The host made a video loop of videos and photos of her dead cat with a Sarah McLachlan singing in the background. Dispersed among the photos were 3 key words that we had to enter to check that one off. So hilarious.

We didn't win. I think we were like 2nd or 3rd to last actually. We didn't need extra shoes, headlamps, a shovel, or saw but it was still fun.

Saturday night Henry had his first playoff game. It was during a wild storm in Lehi. I stayed home sick with the littles but Justin braved the storm.
The wind was blowing all sorts of things across the field and then the lightning started up. They had to end the game at halftime and send everyone home.
They finished the game late tonight. Sadly, they didn't win. Its hard to end the season like that but overall Henry enjoyed the year.

No comments: