We kind of like to ramp up things up the days leading to Christmas. The treats get better, the movies more favorited. music more carol-y. Peak night is Christmas Eve Eve.
Short ribs, risotto, pretzel jello, vegetables, sparkling cider. Dress code: no t-shirts, pants with no holes.
After dinner we decorated the sugar cookies we baked earlier that day.
My kids don't like eating sugar cookies but they do like frosting them.
Then we opened new pajamas.
Christmas Eve I made divinity. I wanted to try to put the divinity into a bag and pipe it, to see if it would improve the texture. It did not. It was really hard to pipe and Justin had to do most of it. They looked pretty but they turned out drier than normal. (I could have over cooked or over mixed it and that's why it was dry but we'll never know). I don't think I would bag it again.

We went to Justin's parents' house for the day. We started with Swedish meatballs and mashed potatoes for lunch. This was my suggestion so of course I was thrilled. It was so delicious. I hope everyone else enjoyed it as much as me.
Justin's dad demonstrating roll forming like a pro.
Justin was paying rapt attention. I hope that means he's going to become the roll maker at home.
We played games and did crafts.
Then we took a home videos from 1993 break while the kids got ready for the nativity.
Christmas morning Henry woke us up at 7 like he always does. Erica admitted she got up at 2:30 and didn't go back to sleep until 5:30.
Then we got started on breakfast. Ebelskivers, bacon, sausage, eggs, chocolate milk, orange juice, jams, whipped cream.













































No comments:
Post a Comment