Monday, April 6, 2026

Easter 2026

Wait, first April Fool's day. The moment Erica discovered Winnie the Pooh's real name is Edward Bear (not a prank).

My sister found this book in a thrift store in North Carolina where she lives and sent it to us. My girls love Winnie the Pooh. Now they have a bit of Pooh history.

For April Fool's dinner, we pranked the kids by setting the table with large utensils like ice cream scoops and tongs. They were such good sports and did pretty well.

This is the spelling test Erica's language arts teacher gave her class. Erica thought it was hilarious and had us all cracking up as she told us how it went in class.
That evening we went to our church where our stake put together an Easter walk. Each ward was give an element of Christ's life and made an entire room display on that theme. I loved this ward's primary's drawings of the Savior's birth.
And this room of Christ's teachings and miracles was just so beautiful.
This photo collage of baptism photos got me all choked up.
Here's another photo collage of flowers I've found around town. It's so springy around here!
We finally go Erica a new bike. Justin and I drove all the way to Mount Pleasant to get it and another one like it for James. Best part about Erica's is that it has tubeless tires so no flats for her!
Easter Saturday. Between general conference sessions we went to Justin's parents' house for lunch with all the family. We took a big family picture and then had an egg hunt with all the kiddos.
You are never too old for candy.

Sunday morning breakfast tulips from my garden!
For breakfast we had French toast, bacon, strawberries, and two kinds of juice.
Then it was back to the family room for conference. Erica loaned me her duck lamp to quilt by.
The kids do a good job of getting comfy and keeping themselves busy while we watch conference. I think they are getting more out of listening to the talks as they get older. We try really hard to make it enjoyable. 
Cinnamon rolls help. The first batch I baked Saturday morning did not turn out (the par-baking method doesn't work). This second batch turned out much better but I need a pan that keeps the edge rolls from getting huge and overdone before the middle rolls bake all the way. 
Sunday after conference we went to Corey and Nadine's setting apart for missionary service. They will be serving at the Heber Valley girls' camp this summer and next. 



It's going to be a huge adjustment for them and for us to have them gone all summer. We will be able to see them seldomly when they come home on their P-days but it's not the same and we were all feeling it as we said goodbye. We are so proud of them for serving and I love and appreciate the example they are setting for my kids that in this family, we serve missions.


From there we went to my parent's house for Easter Sunday dinner. After dinner we sent any grandkid that wanted to on a treasure hunt to find their Easter basket. Sarah and Allison and were troopers to hide all the clues but I made a mistake in numbering and Sarah and I had to redo them all. (Good thing I discovered the mistake before they started.)
Looking for the next clue. I had them going all around the yard and in and out of the house.
Oh where could it be? (It's under Kenny's chair)

One of the clues sent them to Grandpa. He hid in the upstairs of the shed and it took forever for them to find him. He was such a good sport.
The baskets were hidden in the backseat of the car and they finally found them after checking inside all the cars parked in the driveway and garage. 
Good job kids! They thought it was a fun activity and more challenging than an egg hunt so I think we'll do it again. AI made up the clues for me; I just gave it a list of items and locations for the clues and it thought up the rest. 
And since these kids are getting so old and smart, I'm going to have to tell AI to make the clues even harder next year.

Lastly, I leave you with the kids in their new Easter finery. They are such cute sports about getting new church clothes. You wouldn't believe the opinions the boys have about ties!







Happy Easter. It is the best holiday. Actually, it is the best of all the days.

"Once he suffered grief and pain 
Now he comes on earth to reign" 
Hymns 196

No comments: