Sarah went to prom! She had been looking forward to this dance for a long time. She got asked like 3 days after the last dance so she had a lot of time to prepare.
This is her date Logan. He's a very nice kid. "You look beautiful!" he said, totally in awe.She got ready with a bunch of friends and she called me with like an hour before pick up time and asked if I could alter her friend's dress. Her friend drove the dress over to me and I did the best I could and then sent it back. I thought I was cutting it close ironing Sarah's dress that afternoon!
She had a great time and nothing but good things to say about the marathon date. It started at like 9 am.
Here's how my cinnamon rolls turned out in my new deep dish half sheet pan.
Look at that puffy rise evenly across the pan.
They turned out so delicious. I started them right after we got home from church at 12:30 and they were ready for dessert. Might be a common Sunday dessert around here. I also used dough conditioner and it improved the texture so much. Yum!
James built a treehouse at a primary activity, Erica painted it and then once we had a nice weather day, they filled it with birdseed and hung it outside in the pear tree. Then I interrupted family home evening with a bird sighting. Once we were done, they gathered at the window to watch.
I think the pinecone covered in peanut butter and birdseed was more entertaining to watch. The birds treated it like a punching bag.
James had his piano recital. The theme for the recital was inspirational songs and James chose the Top Gun Anthem. He introduced his song by saying, "I too feel the need, the need for speed."
He wore his aviator sunglasses and did a great job. He says he doesn't want to play piano next year and I am really hoping he's just ready for a summer break and will feel like it again come August.This is the most fun I've had with $10 spent at Amazon. A stained glass window sticker! It comes in 5 pieces and the black strips so it can be sized to the window dimensions.
Other things, not pictured. After I went to the temple in Provo, I went to the BYU bookstore to look for a birthday present for Henry. The college student working the booth at the visitor parking didn't ask if I was a student. They've always asked if I was a student. Sure, I'm old enough to be his mom but what happened?
Henry is in his final stretch of orthodontist appointments. If all goes to plan, he'll get them off in July.
I taught relief society on Sunday. I really like this calling even though it stresses me out. I do have to say it is getting less stressful--I didn't have a pang of adrenaline every time I thought about it during the week leading up to it. I don't know if I will like it better or worse come September when I teach twice as often but for less time.
Tomorrow is May and it's always a month I look forward too even though it is crazy. Church cleaning, Cinco de Mayo, planting the garden, Mother's Day, Erica's concert, Henry's birthday, my dad's birthday, last day of school, our 20th wedding anniversary!
















No comments:
Post a Comment